Monday, September 5, 2016

Weathered Boards with Rainbow Tape by Lydia Fiedler

Hi there! Lydia here with a fun mixed media project.

The crepe tape has a texture that looks great under paint. As I was playing with it, I thought it might be fun to see if I could get it to look like weathered boards. I can never resist a technique that creates the look of wood.




To achieve this look, I first adhered the 1/4" crepe tape to the cardstock, leaving a gap between the "boards". Then I covered the entire panel with warm white acrylic paint. When that was dry, I rubbed Marina Mist ink in the gaps for that weathered, seaside look. I finished the card with an anchor image from the Guy Greetings stamp set, some Night of Navy twin, and a die cut sentiment with the Sunshine Wishes thinlets and copper foil sheets.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment