Monday, December 19, 2016

Perfect Finishing Touches

Hi - Lydia here.

When I've spent tons of time on a beautiful, handmade card, the last thing I want to do is put it in a boring envelope for its trip to a friend. Since I don't have the gift of beautiful lettering, I have to embellish my envelopes another way.

My signature color is blue, and so I bought these gorgeous Audrey Blue envelopes and jazzed them up with metallic tape for cards during the month of December to add some holiday sparkle. My favorite is the 1/16th silver to go with the blue - but the wider taps are nice on the edges and on the flaps as well. It makes an ordinary envelope look very high end. You can also create a metallic box for the address portion of the envelope.



links to supplies



It's a simple, quick touch, but it adds a lot of elegance to your envelopes.

One tip on placement - use grid paper under your envelope to ensure straight lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment